PlayStation Plus Games – August 2017
Sony has announced the free games that will come with their subscription service, PlayStation Plus, for the month of August. Starting from 1st August, the following games will be available:
• Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits
• Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above
• Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos.
• Cause massive chains of destruction to bring down a dictator
• Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes
• Choose from a huge variety of different vehicles to drive including speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fuelled sports cars and super bikes
• Get adventurous with dozens of challenge missions and collectibles to discover
• Online community features
Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard Edward Kenway’s ship, the Jackdaw. 15 years later, Adewale has become a trained Assassin who finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without weapons or crew. He now has to acquire a ship and gather his own crew to free the slaves and avenge them. Over 3 hours of new single-player gameplay!
Playing Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry doesn’t require a copy of Assassin’s Creed®IV Black Flag™.
The party game all about… YOU!
Go on a journey of discovery with your friends and family, and find out what you really think about each other.
Grab your smartphone or tablet, snap a selfie and take on over 1,000 questions, drawing challenges and texting games.
Note: you need the That’s You! companion app on your iOS / Android™ device to play this game. For best performance, iOS 9+ or Android 4.4+ is recommended. Not all devices are compatible, see playstation.com/playlinkforps4. DUALSHOCK®4 is required for setup and PlayStation®4 system functions.
Continuation from last month.
Super Motherload – (Cross buy with PS4)
Set on Mars in an alternate Cold-War era, Super Motherload is a 1 to 4-player couch co-op digging adventure with branching storyline choices, a fully voiced cast of characters, and a procedurally-generated world that changes each time you play.
Purchase powerful upgrades and supplies for your mining pod as you progress and prosper, as well as rare special abilities with random availability.
– RPG-inspired mechanics, upgrades, quests & special abilities
– 10 playable characters to unlock
– Branching storyline choices with multiple game endings
– Over 150 explosive-based puzzles to solve
– An epic boss battle
– Hardcore mode for Motherload veterans
– Full voice overs and a full-length original score by indie electronic artist Eric Cheng
– Story by comic book writer Kurtis Wiebe
Glide across the dazzling disco floor on your hoversnake, bag the coloured balls and rack up points before the clock runs down… welcome to Snakeball™, the funkiest sport of all time! Your opponents will do anything to knock you off the top spot – but keeping an eye on their multicoloured tails and weapons can be difficult when you’re hurtling around the arena!
Tune up your balling skills in 1 Player Mode and Challenge Mode, then take on your friends in the split screen 4 Player Mode, or the world’s best Snakeballers in frantic online matches for up to 8 players!
Downwell – (Cross buy with PS4)
Downwell is a curious game about a young person venturing down a well in search of untold treasures with only his Gunboots for protection. Make your way further and further down into the darkness filled with nasty creatures and mysterious secrets to collect the spectacular red gems scattered about the rocks.
THE FIRST STEALTH GAME SET IN THE MERCILESS AND FRENETIC WORLD OF WORK!
Are You Late For Work? Start Panicking!
Gary is an office worker who oversleeps after a drunken night out on the town. Here’s where it gets tricky, because this isn’t the first time Gary’s been late for work, and he could be fired if he’s spotted arriving at his desk after everyone else yet again. So he’ll have to prove he’s smart and sneaky enough to make his way up all the 22 floors between him and his office without being seen.
Hide in closets, crawl through air vents, slink along the walls… nobody must spot you!
Use everything in your reach to get to the end of the level: hide behind a newspaper, smash a vending machine with a well-aimed kick, or use donuts to lure the security guards away.
From the basement to the boss’s office via the research and development labs, explore the zany little universe of LEVEL 22, Gary’s Misadventures.
If you’re not a PlayStation Plus member, you can join from just £5.49, €6.99 or $9.99 for one month.
Last months PS Plus games were:
Until Dawn (PS4)
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series (PS4)
That’s You (PS4)
Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3)
Don’t Die Mr Robot (PS Vita, PS4)
Element4l (PS Vita)